Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Kissing Frogs

I'm not really in search of a prince. A decent guy with a job and average intelligence without psychological problems would suit me just fine. He doesn't have to be either tall or handsome, although a nice smile would be great. So, if I'm not searching for a prince, why am I kissing so many frogs? I think I've even smooched a couple of toads.

Kissing frogs in the dating world means encountering men that make Quasimodo and Hannibal Lector look like good prospects. Well, maybe they're not that bad. But when you're accosted by scammers trying to get money from you, "hit it and quit it" artists trying to get sex from you, voyeurs trying to get their kicks wanting to watch you on a web cam, and emotional vampires whose idea of a good time is shopping for a 'wife' and making proposals to women they don't intend to marry, you start to think that maybe online dating is a big joke and you're the punchline.

There are great guys on dating sites. Fantastic men who offer you support and "friendship!" Just what a woman in search of Mr. Right wants. A good looking male friend who'd never consider her as a romantic partner. In truth, I've made friends with a number of wonderful men and am very happy to have them as just friends. At least I don't have to kiss them. "Kissing" in online dating is a euphemism for taking the risk of opening yourself up to the possibility of a serious relationship and making yourself vulnerable to the aforementioned predatory practices.

Unfortunately, I'm still kissing frogs, hoping, not for a prince, but the one guy that will make me forget all the frogs and toads I've smacked in the kisser and justify all of the time, energy, emotional and financial risk, and my belief in love and satisfactory, if not happy, endings searching through dating sites for him. Only then will "kissing" stop being a euphemism.

3 comments:

  1. For anyone United Nations agency is new the globe of on-line chemical analysis, things might get alittle confusing. on-line {dating|geological chemical analysis|chemical analysis|qualitative analysis} differs from reality dating

    rome.dating

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ‘d mention that most of us visitors are really endowed to exist in a fabulous place with very many wonderful individuals with very helpful things.
    _____________________________
    Gay dating

    ReplyDelete